Music Mentor Program
Music Mentors Program sends our friendly professional musicians from the Greenville Symphony to assist Middle and High School Strings and Band Programs. Greenville County Music Teachers are invited to apply for a coaching visit(s) from the groups below. There is no cost to teachers. Our musicians will come to your rehearsal/class. The program is intended to help teachers prepare their ensembles for upcoming concerts, festivals, and competitions (SCMEA, SCBDA, etc.). The program can also help reinforce technique and musicianship skills at the individual level.
- Group A: Violin 1, Violin 2, Viola, Cello, Double Bass (String Quintet)
- Group B: Flute, Oboe, Horn, Bassoon, Clarinet (Woodwind Quintet)
- Group C: Trumpet, Trombone, Horn, Tuba (Brass Quartet)
- Group D: Percussion (Timpani etc.)
How to Apply:
- Select your desired group from the above list
- Preferred date/time of visit (please include more than one option)
- Include school name, rehearsal schedule
- Send requested information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
School selections are based on demonstrated need, ease of scheduling, and program potential. We wish we could serve every school in Greenville County every year. At the end of the school year participating schools will be required to fill out a quick survey and report back their festival ratings (SCMEA etc.).